Enthusiastic marketing communications manager and thought leader with 18+ years of experience in web, video, print, strategy, web content, interactive marketing, information architecture and project management. Industries include B2B and B2C in retail, energy, electronics, consumer services, healthcare, entertainment, IT and more. Clients include Samsung Mobile, AT&T (Wireless, U-verse, and Internet), TXU, Merck, HEB Grocery, Mattress firm, Active Network, JCPenney, Reliant Energy, Talent Zoo, First Gear Clothing and more.
Sr. Copywriter – Richardson, TX
2015 – Present
Concept, develop creative strategy, manage projects, write and edit for all primary media channels: digital/web, banners, SEO content, social media, email, print, video and live event speeches and corporate communications.
• Created editorial calendar, as well as all emails, web content and other collateral for largest attended user event in company history.
• Rewrote all content for multimillion dollar subsidiary website
• Developed copyright and trademarking guidelines for all marketing materials, protecting externally facing content.
• Developed several eBooks becoming the company’s most popular content distribution.
DFW Content Marketing
Sr. Copywriter/ Interactive Marketing Consultant – Dallas, TX
Apr. 2009 – Present
Write web content, build marketing communications and develop content strategy for companies of all sizes. Perform SEO copywriting, email newsletter writing and design, national blogging, video scriptwriting, small business website creation and more. Implement HTML, content management and CMS system maintenance,
• Wrote/ managed social media for large company across all markets and channels (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn)
• Wrote content, created information architecture and developed CMS interface for Fortune 500 Company Intranet.
• Designed content management system, trained content managers and created page ownership process, potentially saving thousands in technical support.
Manager of Online Content – Plano, TX
CheapCaribbean.com June 2012 – April 2013
Managed a team of copywriters and photo editors writing and editing 4000-page, $300 million travel website. Responsibilities included content strategy, writing and editing all customer-facing literature, SEO and project planning.
• Developed business case for in-house content team, decreasing content errors by 50%, improving content readability by 100% and saving over 10% in overhead.
• Rewrote, reformatted and optimized (SEO) entire website, assisting in 75% YOY revenue increase.
• Work with sales team/ business partners to build compelling travel content, creating the site’s top traffic source.
• Began content strategy and web taxonomy for conversion to Abobe CQ, potentially saving thousands.
Senior Marketing Copywriter
Ambit Energy – Dallas, TX Feb. 2010 – Nov. 2010
Managed all internal and external print, web and email newsletter communications for $200 million dollar energy start-up.
• Redesigned company websites (in Joomla), content strategy, customer experience and branding, helping it become Inc. Magazine’s 2010 #1 Fastest Growing Company in America.
• Built and managed social media strategy
• Developed and managed company’s first social media strategy, with integrated presence on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Reduced sales consultant weekly e-newsletters from four to one reducing SPAM scores and improving retention.
Senior Interactive Copywriter
Javelin Direct – Dallas, TX June 2007 – Apr. 2009
Created concepts for national integrated email and direct mail campaigns and presented directly to clients. Developed interactive strategy,content and copy for emails, web sites and splash pages.
• Wrote email and landing page campaign that resulted in 30% open rates and over 5% click-through rates.
• Founded and organized monthly interactive meetings, acting as online thought leader.
• Presented to Fortune 100 technology as client facing creative representative.
Senior Content Marketing Strategist (Commute)
Avenue A | Razorfish – Austin, TX Feb.2006 – Apr. 2007
Developed online marketing strategy, content, ads, videos, and B2B and B2C web sites. Evaluated user experience.
• Managed consumer promotions and managed agency partnerships, doubling traffic to promotional web sites.
• Consulted to Fortune 50 online marketing department to develop online product, content strategy and user experience in massive web site redesign.
• Doubled client expectations in regional video contest with online site and email campaign.
• Developed new product information and designed online shopping engine for national retail chain.
Marketing/ Internal Communications/ RFP Content Manager
CompuCom – Dallas, TX Dec. 2003 – Feb. 2006
Developed marketing communications, corporate collateral, and company newsletter. Maintained corporate Intranet using HTML, FrontPage and Broadvision. Managed RFP content for sales proposals using RFP content database.
• Developed automated sales documents and statements of work, cutting turnaround time in half.
• Reorganized and rewrote all company RFP content, resulting in more accurate and persuasive copy.
Content / Project Manager (Contract)
Verizon – Dallas, TX July 2002 – Sept. 2003
Managed a team of writers on high visibility content project. Wrote, transferred and evaluated content on Verizon.com via Content Management System. Developed online content and internal presentations.
• Managed in high visibility content project for Verizon.com project, tripling Internet product saturation.
• Created scripts for Macromedia Flash movies, attracting more consumers to Verizon Web site.
BSA Advertising – Dallas, TX Apr. 2001 – June 2002
Developed concepts and created national branding as part of creative team. Wrote, edited and proofread all headlines and advertising copy for print, radio, and all other collateral for 15 offices in healthcare, logistics and financial industries.
• Managed client creative relationships and helped bring in high revenue, national accounts.
• Developed branding exercise for use with major clients, resulting in over 200 client taglines.
• Accounts included FedEx, Zurich, UPS, and Abbott Labs.
AOL – Dallas, TX Oct. 1999 – Feb. 2001
Managed staff of 10-15, acted as managing editor and hired contractors and freelance writers. Developed new concepts and features for six online city guides serving almost 1,000,000 unique visitors daily.
• Created national Mardi GRs feature, increasing visitor count by more than 220,000 per week.
• Wrote for high visibility, ranking as top office for content expansion project.
• Developed and presented local commerce concept resulting in nationwide commerce section.
University of Texas – Austin, Texas 1988-1992
Bachelor of Arts – English/ Bachelor of Science – Radio/TV/Film
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
2002 EMA Advertising Award Recipient
2005 HDI Team Excellence Award Winner Proposal Team
2010-2011 Member IABC