Enthusiastic content marketing manager and thought leader with 20+ years in web, video, print, strategy, content management, interactive marketing, information architecture and project management. Industries include B2B and B2C in retail, energy, electronics, consumer services, healthcare, entertainment, IT and more. Clients include Samsung Mobile, AT&T (Wireless, U-verse, and Internet), TXU, Merck, HEB Grocery, Mattress Firm, JCPenney, Reliant Energy, Talent Zoo, First Gear Clothing and more
Senior Writer Dec 2015 – Present
RealPage Concept campaigns, develop creative strategy, manage projects, write and edit for all media B2B and B2C channels: digital/web, SEO content, social media, email, blogs, print, video and live event speeches and corporate communications.
- Developed site map and all content for multi-million-dollar international subsidiary’s website.
- Created editorial calendar, as well as all emails, web content and other collateral for largest attended user event in company history.
- Develop script and storyboard and videos for online video channel and social media
- Develop eBooks, webcasts email and social media bringing in hundreds of leads over the course of tenure.
- Write copyright and trademarking guidelines for all marketing materials, protecting externally facing content.
Sr. Copywriter/ Interactive Marketing Consultant
Apr. 2009 – Present
DFW Content Marketing
Write web content, build marketing communications and develop content strategy for companies of all sizes. Perform SEO copywriting, email newsletter writing and design, national blogging, video scriptwriting, small business website creation and more. Implement HTML, content management and CMS system maintenance,
- Wrote/ managed social media for large company across all markets and channels (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn)
- Wrote content, created information architecture and developed CMS interface for Fortune 500 Company Intranet.
- Designed content management system, trained content managers and created page ownership process, potentially saving thousands in technical support.
Manager of Online Content
CheapCaribbean.com Managed a team of copywriters and photo editors for 4000-page, $500 million travel website. Successfully doubled revenue in less than a year and the company was sold. Responsibilities included content strategy, writing and editing all consumer literature, SEO management and began transition to Adobe CQ CMS
- Developed business case for in-house content team, decreasing errors by 50%, saving 10% over outsourcing.
- Rewrote, reformatted and optimized (SEO) entire website, assisting in 75% YOY revenue increase.
- Worked with sales team to build compelling travel content, creating the site’s top traffic source.
Senior Marketing Copywriter Ambit Energy – Dallas, TX Managed all internal and external print, web and email newsletter communications for $200 million dollar energy start-up.
- Headed redesign of all company websites, content strategy, customer experience and branding, helping it become Inc. Magazine’s 2010 #1 Fastest Growing Company in America.
- Built and managed social media strategy with integrated presence on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Reduced sales consultant weekly e-newsletters from four to one reducing SPAM scores and improving retention.
Javelin Direct – Dallas, TX Created concepts for national integrated email and direct mail campaigns and presented directly to clients. Developed interactive strategy, content and copy for emails, web sites and splash pages.
- Wrote email and landing page campaign that resulted in 30% open rates and over 5% click-through rates.
- Founded and organized monthly interactive meetings, acting as online thought leader.
- Presented to Fortune 100 technology as client facing creative representative.
Senior Content Marketing Strategist
Avenue A | Razorfish – Austin, TX Developed online marketing strategy, content, ads, videos, and B2B and B2C web sites. Evaluated user experience.
- Managed consumer promotions and managed agency partnerships, doubling traffic to promotional web sites.
- Consulted to Fortune 50 online marketing department to develop online product, content strategy and user experience in massive web site redesign.
- Doubled client expectations in regional video contest with online site and email campaign.
- Developed new product information and designed online shopping engine for national retail chain.
Marketing/ Internal Communications/ RFP Content Manager
CompuCom – Dallas, TX Developed marketing communications, corporate collateral, and company newsletter. Maintained corporate Intranet using HTML, FrontPage and Broadvision. Managed RFP content for sales proposals using RFP content database.
- Developed automated sales documents and statements of work, cutting turnaround time in half.
- Reorganized and rewrote all company RFP content, resulting in more accurate and persuasive copy.
Content / Project Manager (Contract)
Verizon – Dallas, TX Managed a team of writers on high visibility content project. Wrote, transferred and evaluated content on Verizon.com via Content Management System. Developed online content and internal presentations.
- Managed in high visibility content project for Verizon.com project, tripling Internet product saturation.
- Created scripts for Macromedia Flash movies, attracting more consumers to Verizon Web site.
BSA Advertising – Dallas, TX Developed concepts and created national branding as part of creative team. Wrote, edited and proofread all headlines and advertising copy for print, radio, and all other collateral for 15 offices in healthcare, logistics and financial industries.
- Managed client creative relationships and helped bring in high revenue, national accounts.
- Developed branding exercise for use with major clients, resulting in over 200 client taglines.
- Accounts included FedEx, Zurich, UPS, and Abbott Labs.
Senior Editor AOL – Dallas, TX Managed staff of 10-15, acted as managing editor and hired contractors and freelance writers. Developed new concepts and features for six online city guides serving almost 1,000,000 unique visitors daily.
- Created national Mardi GRs feature, increasing visitor count by more than 220,000 per week.
- Wrote for high visibility, ranking as top office for content expansion project.
- Developed and presented local commerce concept resulting in nationwide commerce section.
University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts – English
- Bachelor of Science – Radio/TV/Film